Emergency medical care is a form of medical care for sudden illnesses, injuries, poisonings, and an acute deterioration of the patient’s general state of health.
First aid should not be confused with emergency assistance. Provide first aid is capable of any person present in the vicinity, to save the life of the victim and prepare him or her for the arrival of the ambulance.
First aid is a set of measures, the purpose of which is to save life urgently. Being able to give first aid is a simple but very important skill.
It is better to be prepared and always have with you or in your car a first aid kit with first aid supplies, which can be found in every Mexican pharmacy online.
First Aid Techniques
When providing first aid, the following rules and actions should be followed:
- You should not be in danger. It is important to make sure that you are safe.
- Make sure that the victim is also safe (e.g. move him/her away from the fire).
- Try to determine the victim’s condition. Check for breathing, heartbeat and consciousness. To check breathing, get close to the person’s nose and mouth and listen for breathing. To check for a pulse, place your fingers on an artery in the neck and check for a pulse. To check for lucidity – ask a simple question, such as “Are you alive?” or “What’s your name?” Simple questions will also help bring the person out of shock.
- Call an ambulance at 911.
- Provide emergency care appropriate to the victim’s condition.
- Keep the victim quiet while you wait for medics.
- The following are first aid techniques for some cases.
What to do in case of cardiac and respiratory arrest
If the victim’s breathing is not audible when assessed, it is urgent to provide artificial ventilation – breathing into the patient’s lungs in unnatural ways, such as with the mouth-to-mouth technique.
- Mouth-to-mouth technique:
- Place the victim on his/her back on a hard surface.
- Ensure that the airway is clear. The head should be turned on one side and the nose and mouth cleaned of foreign objects, mucus, and blood.
- Cover your mouth with a bandage, cloth or handkerchief to protect yourself from disease. It is a good idea to have tissues or bandages with you, which can be purchased at certified mexican pharmacy.
Then clasp the victim’s nose with the fingers of your hand. Take a deep breath, then press against the patient’s mouth and exhale into his lungs. It is necessary to do twelve to fifteen exhalations in 60 seconds. If the patient’s chest is heaving, then everything is going right.
If the victim is not breathing and there is a cardiac arrest, it is necessary to do indirect heart massage. To do this, you need to perform regular thrusts in the center of the chest with force and smoothly, with a frequency of one hundred and ten thrusts per minute. Continue alternating 2 exhalations and 30 pushes until specialists arrive.
Help for fainting
Fainting is a sudden condition in which a person loses consciousness due to a temporary disruption of blood flow to the brain. The brain signals that it is not getting enough oxygen.
If the person faints, you should lay the victim comfortably, open the windows and unbutton tight clothing, allowing air to flow. Sprinkle the face and neck with ice water, pat the cheeks.
If you have a hand-held first-aid kit nearby, you should give a breath of ammonia vapor. If you do not have a basic first aid kit at home, you can order everything you need from the online mexican pharmacy Mexicanrxpharm.
If the person does not regain consciousness after five minutes, you should call an ambulance right away.
Unfortunately, such situations cannot be predicted and prevented, but it is important to know how to provide first aid and be prepared for it, everything you need can be found at best mexican pharmacy. You may be able to save someone’s life.