THIS is the shocking moment a swarm of 1,000 killer bees attacked a wheelchair-bound man and his dog.
John Fischer, 60, had to be hosed down and rushed to hospital after the angry insects stung him more than 250 times in Florence, Arizona.
And his pet dog has been Pippin left in a "critical condition" after being pierced at least 50 times.
John – who lost one of his legs to an infection eight years ago – was using his wheelchair exercise bike on Saturday evening when suddenly he felt something fly close to him.
He tried to swat the spikey critter away but moments later became completely encircled.
John frantically unclipped Pippin's lead from his chair as the bees latched onto his face.
More world news
Widow of hero dad killed helping ducklings cross road breaks her silence
Key evidence Maddie cops are searching for is revealed as bags taken from lake
But seconds later as the dog fled, John's chair tipped over and he was left trying to escape on his hands and knees.
Shocking footage caught on CCTV shows him crawling on the road and trying to shield himself from the stings.
He told Arizona Family: "I tried to get across the street, but I can’t see because they’re going towards my eyes, and they’re all over my face.
"I crawled my way for a period of time to try to get far away from where they were, but they, of course, just followed me."
Most read in The Sun
Major BBC TV show has Phillip Schofield in its sights after his This Morning axe
This Morning bosses dramatically release new Phillip Schofield statement
Phillip Schofield is no evil monster – one vile hypocrite at ITV is much worse
Video that sparked riots shows 'cops chasing teens on bike' moments before crash
Emergency services raced to help him as he lay stricken on the street.
Security camera footage from a nearby house shows firefighters hosing down the road to drive off the bees.
John was put on a stretcher and hosed with water before being taken to hospital, where he was given morphine and had the stingers removed.
Paramedics told him around 1,000 bees had swarmed him and he had been stung more than 250 times on his arms, eyes, mouths, ears, legs and back.
He added: "I have never experienced anything like this before.
"There was a part of me that wanted to freak out, and there was a part of me that wanted to panic.
"And I knew, from past experience, that that’s where you’ll lose it.
"And you’re no longer in control. That’s where you run into more danger."
Pippin meanwhile was stung more than 50 times, which John said has made his pet extremely ill.
He wrote on GoFundMe: "He did not make it to the emergency vet until three hours later. He stayed overnight and was discharged.
Read More on The Sun
Little-known TV licence rule could save you up to £159 a year
Woman left unable to talk properly after her new dentures arrive totally uneven
"However, we thought he was getting better, and it seemed to be so until we took him in this afternoon to the vet.
"He is unfortunately, back in critical condition. Looks to be a reaction to the bee sting toxin."
Source: Read Full Article