BRITS are opting for 'familiar destinations' for their next holiday as uncertainty around travel continues.
Tenerife, Turkey and Alicante on the Costa Blanca are three destinations that are seeing a surge in bookings for later this year.
The insight came from Barrhead Travel president Jacqueline Dobson.
Speaking to TravelWeekly, Ms Dobson said "Customers are booking further in advance than they usually would in January and 'familiar destinations' such as Tenerife, Turkey and Alicante have proven popular for bookings."
Those wanting to book a trip to Turkey or Spain – whether it be the Canaries or the Costa Blanca – can find some great deals at the moment:
- 7-night holiday at TUI SUNEO Tamaimo Tropical Hotel, Puerto de Santiago on a self catering basis – £40pp a night – book here
- 7-night holiday at Catalonia Punta Del Rey Hotel, Las Caletillas on an all inclusive basis – £55pp a night – book here
- 7-night holiday at Vigilia Park Hotel, Puerto de Santiago on a self catering basis – £42pp a night – book here
- 7-night holiday at Playa Olid Apartments, Costa Adeje on a self catering basis – £72pp a night – book here
- 7-night holiday at Laguna Park II Apartments, Playa de las Americas on a self catering basis + FREE CHILD PLACE – £64pp a night – book here
- 7-night holiday at Granada Park Hotel, Los Cristianos on an all inclusive basis + FREE CHILD PLACE – £82pp a night – book here
- 7-night holiday at Grand Cettia Hotel, Marmaris on an all inclusive basis – £69pp a night – book here
- 7-night holiday at Eftalia Aqua Resort, Antalya on an all inclusive basis – £57pp a night – book here
- 7-night holiday at Yel Holiday Resort, Dalaman on an all inclusive basis – £76pp a night + FREE CHILD PLACE – book here
- 7-night holiday at Kurt Apartments, Dalaman on a self catering basis – £60pp a night + FREE CHILD PLACE – book here
- 7-night holiday at Rio Park Hotel, Bendidorm on a half board basis – £66pp a night – book here
- 7-night holiday at 4* Deloix Centre Hotel, Benidorm on a bed and breakfast basis – £54pp a night – book here
Research also shows that holidaymakers are booking for later in the year in the hope that there will be more clarity around foreign travel rules.
The UK’s largest independent travel agent group, Advantage Travel Partnership, reports that 40 per cent of its bookings are for departures between September and December and 27 per cent are for departures in 2022.
Its Leisure Director Kelly Cookes explained that the booking pattern "shows that consumers are lacking confidence to travel in the short-term, likely due to the changing travel landscape”.
Travel experts are predicting that bookings will rocket when restrictions ease and pent‑up demand for holidays is released.
Though it's not possible to travel abroad at the moment due to the UK lockdown, banning all non-essential travel, you can get a holiday planned for later in the year.
Sandals have up to 45 per cent off far flung holiday destinations and Virgin Atlantic have up to 30 per cent off flights to Orlando, Las Vegas and the Caribbean.
The easyJet sale has up to £300 off holidays and 40 per cent off flights and Jet2's sale includes £100 off holidays and 10 per cent off flights.
Newmarket Holidays have 15 per cent off 2021 coach trip breaks and there are lots of cheap all inclusive holidays for summer 2021- and all have free child places.
If you fancy staying in the UK, holiday parks are also offering huge bargains – some of which start from £3pp a night.
If you click on a link in this story we will earn affiliate revenue.
Source: Read Full Article