ARSENAL lost their last Champions League away game and can ill afford a repeat when they head to a Sevilla side under new management on Tuesday.
Sevilla vs Arsenal odds
Here are the latest match odds for Sevilla vs Arsenal odds from our top-rated football bookies:
⏩ Quick betting tips for Sevilla vs Arsenal
- Sevilla/Draw in the double chance market – at evens with Spreadex
- Lamela to be carded – 12/5 with bet365
- Soumare 2+ fouls – 6/4 with Sky Bet
Sevilla vs Arsenal betting preview
It’s hard to be critical of a side who remain unbeaten in the Premier League.
Yet Arsenal were far from their best against Chelsea at the weekend and, frankly, were gifted their way back into that game, one which eventually saw them draw 2-2 having trailed 2-0.
They were also disappointing in their last Champions League outing, going down 2-1 at Lens, while it’s not exactly controversial to suggest their notable recent victory over Manchester City was somewhat fortunate with a huge deflection accounting for the winning goal.
A trip to Seville won’t be easy and it’s a little surprising to see the English side chalked up as odds-on shots. As you’ll see below, they’ve also got a poor record in Spain.
The hosts began life under new boss Diego Alonso, the former Uruguay manager, with a 1-1 draw against Real Madrid at the weekend, a result which means they’ve lost just one of their last eight now.
That run includes Champions League draws with Lens and PSV Eindhoven and backing them to avoid defeat again here looks a tempting play.
We’ve also got some bigger-priced bets for Tuesday night’s big game – read on for our full verdict.
📝 Sevilla vs Arsenal key stats
- Arsenal have won only three of their last 17 away games against Spanish opposition, losing 11.
- Sevilla have won five and drawn two of their 10 home European games against English teams.
- Gabriel Jesus has scored in both of Arsenal’s Champions League games this season and has 16 goals in 26 starts in the competition in his career.
- Mikel Arteta must decide whether to stick with under-fire stopper David Raya or restore Aaron Ramsdale to the keeper’s jersey.
- Youssef En-Nesyri missed Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Real Madrid but a player with nine Champions League goals in 16 appearances is expected to return to Sevilla’s starting XI here.
Sevilla vs Arsenal best bets
Here's what we have in store for you today:
Sevilla/Draw double chance
Sevilla’s recent change of manager suggests these are challenging times for the hosts but that belies the fact they’ve lost only one of their last eight in all competitions.
Diego Alonso’s first match in charge on Saturday provided an excellent result, a 1-1 draw against Real Madrid, and so Sevilla should have plenty of confidence coming in here.
In theory, so should Arsenal, but they’ll also remember their 2-1 loss to Lens last time out in the Champions League, while they’ve not exactly been hugely convincing domestically of late, despite remaining unbeaten.
They were second-best for long periods at Chelsea on Saturday, while their eyecatching win over Manchester City came about in very fortunate circumstances.
Having the Gunners odds-on to win a tricky away game in this competition looks a bit out.
⚽ Back Sevilla/Draw in the double chance market at evens at Spreadex ⚽
Erik Lamela to be carded
Lamela was the punter’s dream when he used to line up against Arsenal in the North London derby – he was carded in seven of his 10 appearances in that fixture.
OK, this isn’t quite the same but there appeared to be a deep-rooted dislike of the Gunners and some in an Arsenal shirt will well remember the narky Argentine.
He’s 12/5 to be carded here, although admittedly he’s not a guaranteed starter so keep and eye on the team news, usually released around 75 minutes before kick-off in the UCL.
⚽ Back Lamela to be carded at 12/5 at bet365 ⚽
Boubakary Soumare 2+ fouls
Defensive midfielder Soumare, currently on loan from Leicester, was brought into Sevilla’s starting XI for the first time at the weekend and impressed against Real Madrid.
His recall under a new manager is reminiscent of his Leicester days last season when he was brought in from the cold upon Dean Smith’s arrival.
In both spells, he’s been a regular fouler with the 2+ fouls bet having now landed in six of his last eight starts.
6/4 about it happening again here is too big.
⚽ Back Soumare 2+ fouls at 6/4 at Sky Bet ⚽
📺 How to watch Sevilla vs Arsenal
- Location: Ramon Sanchez-Pizjuan Stadium, Seville, Spain
- Time: 20:00 BST on Tuesday, October 24
- Where to watch: TNT Sports 1
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry, or depressed
- Gamcare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org
Find our detailed guide on responsible gambling practices here.
For help with a gambling problem, call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or go to www.gamstop.co.uk to be excluded from all UK-regulated gambling websites.
Most read in Betting
All the best free bets & sign up offers for punters right here
Check out the UK’s best football betting sites including odds & offers
Best betting apps including great sign up offers to use on sport during October
Check out the best new online casinos including welcome offers and bonuses
Source: Read Full Article