Princess Beatrice doubles down after being accused of flouting Covid rules at indoor dinner for five friends – as spokesperson insists ‘strict masks were worn’ and all parties ‘left business dinner before the curfew’
- Princess Beatrice, 32, was seen with husband Edoardo Mozzi, 37, and 4 others
- Were photographed in luxury Mayfair restaurant Isabel on Wednesday night
- Under Tier 2 lockdown, only members of same household can gather indoors
- Spokesperson said was a midweek ‘work related, business development dinner’
- Added that ‘strict masks were worn in line with the government advice’
Princess Beatrice was at a ‘business development dinner’ and all parties left ‘in good time before the government curfew,’ a spokesperson has claimed, after the royal was accused of flouting Covid rules by dining out with members of different households in a London restaurant.
The royal, 32, was seen with her property developer husband Edoardo Mozzi, 37, and four other people in luxury Mayfair restaurant Isabel on Wednesday night.
Under the capital’s strict Tier 2 lockdown rules, only members of the same household can gather indoors – including in restaurants.
The three-hour dinner has been brushed off as an ‘introductory work meeting’ by royal sources – which would make it permissible under rules at the time.
However, the coronavirus rate in London has become increasingly concerning that Tier 3 rules have been imposed since the meal.
According to The Mirror, a spokesperson for Beatrice and her husband Edoardo Mozzi said: ‘This was a midweek Wednesday evening, work related, business development dinner, it was held in compliance with all government guidelines, the dinner was held in the early evening and all parties left in good time before the government curfew.
‘Strict masks were worn in line with the government advice.’
Princess Beatrice breached social distancing rules by posing with her Norwegian friend Peter Dundas (left) in Mayfair
The royal’s property developer husband Edoardo Mozzi, 37, (right, with the Princess in Mayfair earlier this month) attended the dinner with Beatrice and four other friends
It comes after other diners claimed the event looked ‘very social’ and alcohol was seen on the Princess’s table.
At one point in the evening, Beatrice – the ninth in line to the throne – took a picture with her fashion-designer friend Peter Dundas in which the mask-wearing pair breached social distancing rules.
He shared the picture online saying it was good to ‘catch up’ with the Princess.
A fellow restaurant goer – who asked not to be named – told The Sun: ‘I couldn’t believe my eyes. If the Royal Family can’t get coronavirus rules right, what hope for the rest of us?’
They added: ‘There is a very serious side to this and Beatrice deserves a ticking off.’
The three-hour dinner at Isabel (pictured) has been brushed off as an ‘introductory work meeting’ by royal sources – which would make it permissible under current rules
Beatrice (pictured) is not a working member of the royal family and instead works for American software company Afiniti as ‘vice president of partnerships and strategy’
London’s infection rate per 100,000 people stood at 191.8 on December 6, up from 158.1 the previous week.
The figures put it ahead of regions such as the West Midlands, which are already in Tier 3.
Beatrice is not a working member of the royal family and instead works for American software company Afiniti as ‘vice president of partnerships and strategy’.
A manager at Isabel said he wasn’t working on the night the royal came in, but stressed that the restaurant follows all the guidance put forward by the Government.
He said if a group is understood to not be living under the same roof they would not be granted a table.
It comes as Sadiq Khan called for all London to be closed from today in defiance of the government’s vow to keep them open, and despite warnings that shutting down the capital will deliver another economic hammer blow to Britain.
Source: Read Full Article