Megxit will officially go into effect on April 1, 2020. Though Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex have been preparing for this day since they first announced their intent to step away from the British royal family, things haven’t exactly gone according to plan.
The duo had a whirlwind of final royal engagements in the U.K. in early March where they officially said goodbye to royal life. Though they had been living on Vancouver Island in Canada, no one expected that the Sussexes would make their next big move, just as the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic would explode.
Just before the border between the United States and Canada closed, the Sussexes made a rush exit from Canada to Los Angeles where they will live permanently. In fact, their first days living in LA have been interesting.
View this post on Instagram
Today, we are excited to be able to announce details for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s upcoming tour to Africa! 🇿🇦🇧🇼🇦🇴🇲🇼 • In just two weeks, Their Royal Highnesses will embark on this official tour focusing on community, grassroots leadership, women’s and girls’ rights, mental health, HIV/AIDS and the environment. This programme has been many months in the making, and The Duke and Duchess are eager to focus their energies on the great work being done in Southern Africa. From meeting with Archbishop Desmond Tutu to joining ‘Waves for Change’ on Monwabisi Beach, the South Africa programme will be educational and inspiring. The Duke is especially proud to continue the legacy left by his mother with her work in Angola as he joins Halo Trust again in an effort to rid the world of landmines. HRH will also travel to Malawi where he will check in on the British Army’s partnership with African Parks and will be working on the ground supporting local communities. The Duke is particularly proud to be able to deliver an exciting new initiative, a Queen’s Commonwealth Canopy three-country partnership which he designed and consulted with Governments in Namibia, Botswana and Angola to protect forest and wildlife corridors around the Okavango Delta. The Duchess will be working with local organisations to promote women and girls’ health and education, entrepreneurship and leadership. With such a textured culture and history, Their Royal Highnesses are grateful for the opportunity to connect with those on the ground in Southern Africa and to be inspired by the work being done and learn how they can be better supported. As President and Vice President of The Queens Commonwealth Trust and The Duke’s role as Commonwealth Youth Ambassador, The Duke and Duchess cannot wait to meet with young leaders mobilising change and adding to the beauty of these Commonwealth countries 🇿🇦🇧🇼🇦🇴🇲🇼 • “We look forward to seeing you soon!” • Photo ©️ PA images / Tim Graham – Getty Images / @Sentebale /@AfricanParksNetwork / @YouthAlert
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle had to rush their move to LA
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the Sussexes had to quickly act, hiring a private jet from Canada to take them to LA.
“Harry and Meghan have left Canada now for good,” an alleged source told The Sun. “The borders were closing and flights were stopping. They had to get out. But this move was planned for some time. They realized Canada would not work out for various reasons and they want to be based in the Los Angeles area. They have a big support network there. It’s where their new team of Hollywood agents and PRs and business managers are based. Meghan has lots of friends there and, of course, her mum Doria.”
At present, the Sussexes are living in a compound on lockdown due to the coronavirus.
View this post on Instagram
This evening, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex attended the annual #WellChildAwards in London. WellChild aims to ensure every child and young person living with serious health needs has the best chance to thrive with the support and medical care needed in the comfort of their own home. The Duke of Sussex became Patron of WellChild in 2007, and last year both The Duke and Duchess attended the awards to honour the children and families that WellChild supports. The Duke, who first came to these awards over a decade ago, shared in his remarks tonight: “Last year when my wife and I attended we knew we were expecting our first child – no one else did at the time, but we did – and I remember squeezing Meghan’s hand so tightly during the awards, both of us thinking what it would be like to be parents one day, and more so, what it would be like to do everything we could to protect and help our child should they be born with immediate challenges or become unwell over time. And now, as parents, being here and speaking to all of you pulls at my heart strings in a way I could have never understood until I had a child of my own.” • To find out more about tonight’s event and how you can support this very special organisation, please visit @WellChild Photos ©️ PA images
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are eyeing an $18 million mansion in Malibu
The Sussexes compound is just temporary. The pair are eyeing a 10-bedroom Malibu mansion as their permanent American residence. The mansion, called Petra Manor is a 12,249-sq ft mansion in Malibu’s Serra Retreat community.
According to estate agent Tracy Tutor, the home is a European-style mansion in a secure gated community with 10 bedrooms and eight bathrooms. It also includes a swimming pool and cabana, jacuzzi, outdoor entertainment spaces, a state-of-the-art kitchen, tennis courts, a wine cellar, a tasting room, a theatre room, and a large dance studio.
View this post on Instagram
On this day, two years ago: 27th of November 2017, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced the news of their engagement, later becoming Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex! They have since celebrated their wedding anniversary and welcomed their son, Archie, into the world ❤️ • Photo © PA / Alexi Lubomirski / Chris Allerton © SussexRoyal
Inside Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s first few days in Los Angeles
The coronavirus pandemic has pushed up the Sussexes timeline to move to LA. Now that they are there, the pair are adhering to CDC and government guidelines.
An insider told People, “Meghan and Harry are obeying the California stay-at-home order and using quiet time at home to find ways to support others” amid the coronavirus pandemic.”
Still, like the rest of is, the Sussexes reportedly admit the new social distancing and self-isolation orders are “a lot to take in.”
Though they can’t exactly get the ball rolling on their new life just yet, the Sussexes are excited for the release of the duchess’ new film, Disneynature’s Elephant. Meghan narrated the film which will debut on Disney+ April 3.
Source: Read Full Article