RIYAD MAHREZ'S advisor has reportedly revealed that the winger will not quit Leciester for Liverpool this month.
Recent reports suggested the Algerian was close to moving to the Reds in a deal worth around £50million following Philippe Coutinho's departure to join Barcelona on Saturday.
However a source close to Mahrez quashed reports that the 26-year-old had been in talks with Kop officials.
And the advisor insisted the France-born player will not seek to force a move away from the King Power Stadium – even though he harbours hopes of joining a "big club."
Speaking to Algerian sports paper Le Buteur, he said: "I read some media reports about Riyad making an eventual move to Liverpool.
"But if you want the truth, we don't know anything about this. Until there is proof to the contrary, there has been no official contact with Liverpool.
Most read in football
Cristiano Ronaldo 'asks for Real Madrid return', Palhinha targeted
Arthur Melo £40m loan-to-buy, Aubameyang AXED from Dubai tour
Why are there no Premier League games on this weekend and when does it return?
Life with Ronaldo is just like any other family’s, says Georgina Rodriguez