Here are the latest details on Aldi's opening times.
⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates
When are Aldi branches opening and closing?
Aldi stores now open from 8am to 8pm.
The supermarket chain has more than 840 stores in Britain, and you can find your nearest branch by using its store locator tool.
A limit of four items per shopper has been enforced on all products.
Do Aldi operate any special opening hours?
- Emergency service workers, including NHS, police and fire service workers, are given priority access to stores at whatever time of day. ID will be required for entry.
- Stores are also opening half an hour early on Sunday for these workers.
- Aldi has yet to implement a "silver hour" for elderly and vulnerable shoppers.
- However, the company is donating £250,000 to elderly person's charity, Age UK.
CORONAVIRUS CRISIS – BE IN THE KNOW
Get the latest coronavirus news, facts and figures from around the world – plus essential advice for you and your family.
To receive our Covid-19 newsletter in your inbox every tea time, sign up here.
To follow us on Facebook, simply 'Like' our Coronavirus page.
When is the best time to shop there?
Google has a tracker which allows you to see when the peak times are.
If you search for “Aldi” and then click on your nearest store, it will show a bar chart of when the store’s busiest times are.
What should I buy when I’m there?
The Government and supermarkets have urged shoppers not to panic buy or stockpile and have repeatedly said there is “enough food for everyone”.
We have compiled a list of what you need for two weeks now that Boris Johnson has told Brits to shop as infrequently as possible.
Is there a limit on items?
Yes. The store has implemented a four items per shopper limit on all products.
It has also reduced the number of nappies, toilet paper and kitchen roll to two per person.
Can I order online?
Yes. Aldi's online delivery service is currently running as normal.
However, due to increased demand, the timeframe for deliveries has been extended from three to ten working days.
A standard delivery is free for orders over £20 and costs £2.95 for orders under £20.
For £3.95, you can get a next day delivery on any order placed before 7pm on Monday-Friday.
Supermarkets have also asked for customers to tell them if they are self isolating to reduce the risk of the infection spreading.
Meanwhile the store has created 5,000 new temporary jobs top cope with the coronavirus demands.
It also has 4,000 permanent vacancies currently available across all parts of it business.
How are Aldi enforcing social distancing regulations?
Aldi have stated that they are taking the following measures to enforce social distancing regulations:
- Markers are being placed on the floors to help everyone keep the required safe distance apart.
- Clear screens are being installed at checkouts to provide protection when you pay.
- Where necessary, Aldi are limiting the number of people in our stores at any one time and, where possible, implementing a queuing system outside of stores.
Source: Read Full Article