WHETHER you're meeting friends for a wintry walk and want to keep an eye on Whatsapp for ETAs, or you need to take a call while you're out and about – the best touch screen gloves are your cold-weather heroes, keeping your fingertips cosy and toasty as you scroll.
How do touch screen gloves work?
Touch screen technology within gloves has been around for a while now; it essentially involves making the fingertips of gloves conductive, so that they absorb the electrical current of a touch screen device.
And while the earlier styles tended to focus more on function than style, these days there's an abundance of designs that are a chic extension of your outfit – all part of the fun of winter accessorising, right?
Whether you're after sleek leather gloves, something traditional and knitted or a glamorous faux-fur lined pair, the best touch screen gloves for women come in all colours, textures and patterns for you to choose from. Plus they make a great stocking filler, too!
We've searched the shops and picked out the best touch screen gloves for women below, that are as stylish as they are practical.
This article and featured products have been independently chosen by Sun journalists. It contains links which are ads, and if you click a link and buy a product we will earn revenue.
1. Best fleece-lined touch screen gloves: Yonhee Warm Fleece-Lined Suede Touch Screen Gloves
- (AD) Yonhee Warm Fleece-Lined Suede Touch Screen Gloves, £7.99 from Amazon – buy here
With a thick suede finish and fleece-lined inner, these gloves were made to see some seriously chilly weather.
That's not to say they're not chic – we dig the cute wrist bow and there are seven pared-back colours to choose from in the range, but for us, this timeless camel hue takes the crown.
The right-hand glove's index finger has touch screen capability, so you can tap away uninterrupted while in the elements, but they won't be suitable if you're left-handed.
2. Best touch screen gloves as part of a set: Women's Leopard Print Scarf, Hat and Glove Set
- (AD) SS_Seller Women's Leopard Print Scarf Hat and Glove Set, £23.91 – buy here
Our love affair with all things animal print shows no signs of abating and this fabulous hat, scarf and touch screen gloves set is a guaranteed winter wardrobe staple.
Featuring everything we need to stay cosy in the cold weather and in a fetching leopard print to boot, it ticks all our winter accessory boxes.
The touch screen gloves are one size fits all and ideal for typing out texts in the bitter cold.
- (AD) Shop all gloves at Amazon here
3. Best wintry design touch screen gloves: Veni Masee Winter Touch Screen Gloves
- (AD) Veni Masee Winter Touchscreen Gloves Warm Thermal Soft Lining Elastic Cuff, £8.99 – buy here
In striking shades of red, green and black, Veni Masee's touch screen gloves feature an eye-catching snowflake pattern that's very on-brand for winter.
Crafted from a soft fabric blend with 50% wool, they feature touch screen-capable thumbs and forefingers which has impressed reviewers, with one commenting: 'They are lovely and warm, have a nice design and I don’t have to take them off to use my phone.'
Bear in mind these are one-size fits all and more suited to small hands, as suggested in the reviews – so if you normally struggle with gloves that are too big, these are the ones for you.
4. Best luxury leather touch screen gloves: Coach Sculpted Signature Leather Tech Gloves
- Coach Sculpted Signature Leather Tech Gloves in Wine, £75 from Coach – buy here
Made from buttery leather and lined with merino wool, there's a seriously self-assured elegance about these gloves from high-end New York fashion house Coach.
Crafted with the brand's signature C monogram at the wrist, touch sensitive technology is also present in each finger so it's easy to use your devices on the go.
There are five timeless colours to choose from, but we're rather taken with this rich wine shade.
5. Best touch screen gloves for sport: The North Face Women's Etip Gloves
- The North Face Women's Etip Gloves, £35 from The North Face – buy here
If you're into running, biking or any outdoor sport where your hands are exposed, when temperatures drop, you need these marvellous touch screen gloves from The North Face in your kit.
There's not much they can't do – they're super toasty, naturally, but they also have a grippy silicone palm to reduce phone slippage when you're working out and touch screen capability that, according to shoppers, is remarkably responsive.
Best of all, they're made from recycled materials, so they tick all the right eco boxes too. In love.
6. Best touch screen gloves for winter glam: Dents Touch Screen Faux Suede Gloves
- Dents Touch Screen Faux Suede Gloves with Faur Fur Cuffs, £17 – buy here
At just £16, these faux suede gloves by Dents look way more expensive than their bargainous price tag.
Available in five shades including camel and claret, we've opted for navy which looks bold and perfectly elegant.
Finished with faux fur cuffs, the touch screen capabilities ensure that you'll be able to use your phone without having to take these beauties off first.
7. Best tartan touch screen gloves: Studio Hop's Big Bow Front Touch Screen Gloves
- Studio Hop Big Bow Front Tie Ladies Touch Screen Gloves, £18 from Not on the High Street – buy here
Traditional tartan is a staple on winter accessories and never fails to look stylish and timeless.
With a crossover bow twist on each cuff, these gloves by Studio Hop will add elegance to any outfit you style them with – and with a touch screen enabled thumb and forefinger, they're just as practical.
Inside, there's a fluffy velvet-like texture that will keep your fingers cosy. Plus if you're buying as a gift, each pair of gloves comes with a choice of themed gift box that can be sent straight to your recipient.
8. Best sustainable fabric touch screen gloves: Accessorize Bamboo Jersey Touch Screen Gloves
- Accessorize Bamboo jersey touch screen gloves black, £12 from Accessorize – buy here
Sometimes, simple is best: just like this sleek pair of gloves.
Chic and minimalist, these touch screen gloves by Accessorize are crafted from bamboo which is insulating, sweat-absorbing and of course – eco-friendly.
Available in grey as well as black, they've received five star shopper reviews and are a great year-round choice that will look stylish no matter what you wear them with.
9. Best touch screen gloves for outdoor adventures: Mountain Trekking Touch Screen Liner Gloves
- Mountain Trekking Touch Screen Liner Gloves, £4.99 from Decathlon – buy here
Give frozen fingers a break as you adventure outdoors with these gloves from Decathlon. They can be worn on their own or under hiking gloves for serious trekkers.
They're seamless for comfort, feature grips for easy handling and have touch screen capability on the forefingers and thumbs.
All this for an excellent value price. Sold.
10. Best value touch screen gloves: Home Bargains Ladies Touch Screen Gloves
- Home Bargains Ladies Touch Screen Gloves, £2.99 from Home Bargains – buy here
Ok, so they might not win any beauty contests with their no-frills look, but frankly who cares at this price.
These 100% polyester gloves from Home Bargains will protect your fingers from the elements and save your bank balance while they're at it. We're big fans.
11. Best branded touch screen gloves: Levi's Ben Touch Screen Gloves
- Levi's Ben Touch Screen Gloves, £20 from Levi's – buy here
As soon as we clapped eyes on this hot pink pair of gloves we were obsessed.
The design is minimalist, but we love the fuss-free look and the legendary Levi's label elevates them to super-glove status.
12: Cutest touch screen glove design: Cat Lover Touch Screen Gloves
- Cat Lover Touch Screen Gloves ObestShop at Etsy, £9.89 from Etsy – buy now
Peruse your phone outdoors has never been more adorable than when you're wearing these fab kitten gloves.
Available in Grey (pictured above), black, purple, pink and beige, they're made from cotton and velvet and feature the sort of design that invites compliments every time they're worn.
Happy shoppers report the gloves have an excellent, snug fit and a soft, warm feel.
Can you wash touch screen gloves?
It all depends on the material your gloves are made from – for example, like most leather accessories, washing leather touch screen gloves is generally not recommended and must be done so with care.
Most other cotton and polyester gloves are machine washable, but some may become less sensitive to screens with more washes. That said, many shoppers praise gloves for their longevity even after many spins in the washing machine.
It's best to refer to your glove's specific care label to find out how to wash them.
Do touch screen gloves work with a fingerprint scanner?
In short, no. If a fingerprint is required to unlock your phone, you'll still need to remove your gloves to do this.
Enjoyed our guide for the best touch screen gloves for women? Get snuggly for winter with our guide to the best warm and cosy duvets for 2021.
We've also rounded up the best work jumpers for women for adding a stylish warm layer.
And check out our dedicated Sun Selects fashion section for more style tips, trends and products.
Source: Read Full Article